In the new pandemic age that we have entered, nearly every medical facility has had to pivot to offer some form of online care. With the telehealth market now flooded with options, standing out from the crowd has become increasingly difficult. However, the most successful telehealth programs have been able to quickly differentiate themselves and attract new patients by following these seven must-have telehealth marketing steps.
- Promote the telehealth service on your website. You want your new offering to be front and center for your website visitors. Whether you use a large hero image message, pop-up, or a banner, it’s important to announce your new telehealth service. Be sure to keep all website pages updated, so prospective patients can learn more and request a telehealth appointment.
- Leverage social media. Post at least once a week about your telehealth services. Leverage both an organic strategy and a paid strategy, boosting posts to reach a broader audience. Social platforms are a great way to target specific audiences who will be interested in your telehealth services.
- Deploy an email campaign. Putting together a blast email to send to both your current and former patients is a highly effective way to drive more traffic to your telehealth program. Even offering first-time discounts or current patient pricing could be additional incentives to consider. Don’t forget to include a link to your website where they can learn more about your offering or a link to download your telehealth app.
- Create a video explaining how to utilize your new telehealth offering. Though patients are more willing to consider telehealth, now more than ever, the technology barrier still exists for many patients. By providing step-by-step instructions either via video or through a FAQ article on your website, this can help put new patients at ease who may worry that the technology is too complicated for them to navigate. This video can then be leveraged on both your website and social media pages.
- Utilize paid search ads on Google and Bing. Search engines are demand capture channels and are highly effective ways to get your telehealth service in front of those who are actively looking for it. You should advertise your telehealth offerings using both brand and non-brand campaigns. If people search for your brand you can offer a branded ad that utilizes telehealth keywords to draw them to your service. You can also utilize non-brand campaigns to draw in prospective patients who are looking for more general terms, like telemedicine or telehealth, but not specifically your brand’s name. To increase the success of your search engine marketing, be sure to target geographic areas, while also keeping in mind that you can reach larger audiences that would not otherwise use your in-person medical services.
- Take advantage of local search listings. This is a great time to review your local search listings to ensure that the information (location, hours, website, phone number, etc.) is accurate and lists your telehealth service as an option. Many times patients will only read your local listing on the search engine query page before deciding if they will click through to your website. The more information you can provide in your listing, the higher the likelihood you’ll be able to attract new patients. Also, if you utilize Yelp or any other third-party listing service make sure to update those with your telehealth offering as well.
- Update all of the components of your SEO program. Keywords will be critically important to marketing your telehealth services. This includes leveraging meta descriptions. You want to be sure that the information that appears in organic search listings is up-to-date with your telehealth service and visible on the search engine results page.
These steps will get you great traction to start booking patients with your new telehealth program. Be sure to monitor how well your marketing campaigns perform and be flexible enough to pivot strategies to maximize your marketing ROI.